Normandy Sweet PotatoesRead More
Thank you for your interest. Your message was sent successfully. Please allow up to 24 hours for your query to be seen.
There was a problem sending your e-mail. Sorry about that. Please try again later or e-mail using the address shown at the top of the page.
A delicious sweet and tart side dish, perfect for cold, winter days.
- 1lb/ 500g sweet potatoes
- 1 large cooking apple
- 1oz /25g sultanas
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- ¼ pint/150ml vegetable stock
- Sprig of thyme to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C or Gas Mark 4)
- Chop sweet potatoes into smallish chunks, and peel, core and chop the cooking apple into small chunks.
- In a large bowl mix the sultanas with the juice and grated rind of the lemon and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the potatoes and apples to the bowl and toss, making sure that the mixture is well mixed-in.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish, and pour in veg stock (you may use chicken stock if you wish). Cover and bake for 45 min or until potatoes are tender.